Wednesday, October 28, 2015

How I Fell In Love With Soccer

Soccer, The beautiful game that I've come to love. Soccer to me isn't just a sport its my passion its what gets me through the day. I started watching soccer as a kid around 8 years old, my dad introduced me to the beautiful game because he worked for a business based in England and started to love the game and shared with me. the first player I've ever seen play and is still my favorite player was Cristiano Ronaldo. The way he weaved through players and the fact that he made a sport into entertainment by doing all various types of flashy tricks. Growing up he became my idol, my father bought me my first soccer ball and I would run around the house trying to mimic Ronaldo. My parents could see that I love the game and they put me on my first travel team when I was 11. Previously before soccer I played american football but that didn't work out considering I was only 4 feet tall. And as any preteen I wasn't in the best of shape when I started my first practice I puked in front of everyone because they made me run like I've never done before. As a kid I wasn't the best player on the team but I knew the game more than anybody I watched it all the time. I was put as a defender as a fan of a player that does flashy tricks and scores goals I wasn't happy about it. I became a great defender and switched to a better team when I switched they still put me as a defender I was so mad but it helped me become well rounded. By the second season with that team I begged the coach to put me at forward or at least midfield and they put me in midfield that whole year and I scored my first goal ever, I've been playing soccer for 3 years and never scored so you can imagine when I scored my first one. Once i started scoring I couldn't stop and I became the best player on the team scoring 15 goals with 20 assist in one season. I outgrew the team they weren't pushing me to a level I needed so i switched teams again to the club I play for now. And Ive become a forward and a good one and I continue to push myself to a new level.

No comments:

Post a Comment